1) How do I book?
You may contact us via our website, email or phone, but all bookings will be finalised via phone. A confirmation email will then be sent to you. If you have not received a confirmation email, your booking has not been confirmed.
2) Does Otobus cater to bookings which are made on the day?
This depends on the time of year and bus availability. We will do our best to cater to your needs, so for all urgent bookings give us a call on 1300 BUS N GO / 1300 287 646.
3) What are your payment methods?
We accept payment via credit card (over the phone and at our head office), cash or electronic funds transfer.
All payments must be finalised at least 48 hours in advance to secure your booking.
4) How long before the booking time can I cancel?
Cancellation fees are as follows:
Bookings cancelled greater than 5 days prior to travel: 20% of the value of the booking.
Bookings cancelled between 48 hours of the booking date to 4 days of the booking date: 50% of the value of the booking.
Bookings cancelled on the day of travel: 100% of the value of the booking.
4) Will I have access to my driver on the day of my booking?
Yes. Your account manager will pass on the driver's details and all other booking schedules to you at least 24 hours before the booking time. If you experience trouble contacting the driver you can call us on 1300 BUS N GO / 1300 287 646 or 0432 312 999 and we will help you!
5) What if I am running late?
If you are running late there may be extra charges (rate of $2.00 per minute). We allow for 10minutes free of charge. For airline and airports we allow 30minutes from the time of landing.
6) What if my flight/cruise got postponed or cancelled, but I cannot call to rearrange?
We have all details of your flight if you are flying in. Our staff are constantly monitoring your flights to make sure our drivers are aware of your flight times. If it is cancelled we will just pick you up when you arrive on the next flight at no extra cost.
7) Can I book my next trip directly with the driver?
No. All Bookings must be made via our office.
8) What are your operating hours?
We operate between 7:00am - 7:00pm daily.
9) Is food or drink (non-alcoholic) allowed to be consumed?
Most non-alcoholic beverages are permitted. No glass bottles allowed. If any damages/spills/stains are created, cleaning fees will be incurred.
10) Will the driver inform me if I incur any extra charges on the day?
No. It is not the responsibility of the driver to inform or warn you or your group of any impending charges including overtime, damage, or extra kilometres etc, regardless of the circumstances on the day of your journey. It is your responsibility to manage your groups requirements on the day and be aware of any extra charges that may be incurred.
11) Does the quoted price include a luggage trailer?
Not unless you have specifically requested this. If you would like a trailer there will be an additional fee involved.
12) Can I increase or decrease my vehicle size if the passenger numbers increase/decrease?
Yes. This must be done at least 48 hours in advance and is subject to vehicle availability. If we are unable to make the arrangement, the originally booked vehicle will be used to service your booking.
13) Do you require a bond and what does it cover?
For self-drive vehicle rentals, we place a $1,500.00 hold on your nominated credit card. If the vehicle is returned with no damages, this amount will be refunded to you. If the vehicle is damaged or has been involved in an accident, this amount will not be returned.
For other bookings, a $250.00 bond will be placed on hold on your nominated credit card for issues such as: cleaning fees, overtime charges, damages to the vehicle, spills and stains, etc.
14) Do you require a deposit?
Yes we require a 20% deposit of the total booking amount for all bookings. This must be paid to secure the booking and is non-refundable.
15) Does the price quoted include things such as entry tolls, ferry costs, airport parking fees or national park entry fees etc?
No, the price quoted is strictly for the bus, driver and all vehicle insurance and running costs including road tolls. Any fees that are outside of this are payable by the client.
16) If I add an extra stop how much will this be?
Additional charges for extra drops are based on time and distance from the previously quoted journey. This amount can only be determined once you have contacted the office and made a request. The driver can not take direction from passengers on the day as he/she must abide by the itinerary and job sheet created by Otobus.
17) Can I take my pet with me when I travel?
Caged animals are permitted. All damages caused by animals will need to be covered by the customer.
For further information on our FAQS give us a call on
1300 BUS N GO / 1300 287 646.